Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access USB-6002 inside a Hyper-V VM

Greetings,

This will be more of a Hyper-V question I suppose, but I have a Windows 10 Hyper-V virtual machine that I use for my LabWindows and NI-DAQ development. When I used a VMWare virtual machine, I would plug in a USB device and get a popup on the host machine asking what computer I wanted to receive the device. With Hyper-V it isn't as user-friendly.

Does anyone have any experience with using USB devices with a Hyper-V virtual machine, and how to get it to recognize the USB device?

I'm using a USB-6002 DAQ board, and do not have NI drivers on the host for it, but have loaded both LabWindows/CVI and NI-DAQmx on the VM.

Do I need to load drivers on the host for the NI-DAQ board in order for it to be recognized on the host and subsequently in the VM, or am I missing something trying to get it passed-through the host into the VM? (I'm hoping I don't have to load the NI drivers on the host because I don't see how to load just the USB driver without the full NI-DAQmx package, and don't want all of that overhead just to get it into the VM).

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(653 Views)