From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AT-MIO-16E10 - Error 10846

Hi
I am using the above card for acquiring data simultaneously on 4 channels. I have written both labview as well as Visual basic codes for this. I see that the maximum sampling rate given for the card (100 kS/s) is shared between the channels - I get maximum of 25 kS/s. I am acquiring photodiode signals detecting laser pulses with repetition rates ranging from 10 Hz to 100 kHz. I want to acquire 500 scans (points) per each laser shot and this, along with the maximum allowed sampling rate restricts my signal frequency to 50 Hz. I am using software triggering (stop) with Channel 4. I can change the number of pulses to acquire (with 50 Hz or lower)
I have the following problems:

1) Even with 50 Hz or 25 Hz signal repitition rate, the program (Visual Basic) does not acquire all the pulses I select.
2)It often gives Error :-10846 suggesting that I should either increase the buffer size, reduce the rep.rate, reduce the acquisition rate or reduce the tasks that my PC is undertaking. I am using a P-II with 64MB RAM. I know it is old 🙂 I tried with changing buffer size but it did not work. I cannot reduce the repetition rate or acquision rate for my application.
3) the labview program does not give an error but it also does not acquire all the pulses I select.
4) The problem gets worse when I try to write the data to a file.

I am using the acquisition program (both VB and labview) to simulate an oscilloscope. Is this causing the trouble? I am attaching my codes here. The file-writing part in VB program is commented out.
Thanks for your help
Rajeev
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,476 Views)
I would look at the following link to help with debugging:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/websearch/75BF35EB4AFB834F862566210065FA61?OpenDocument

Also, could you attach the LabVIEW code?

Anuj D.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,460 Views)
Thanks Anuj,
I had solved the problem. I tried clearing the buffer periodically and that solved the problem. Thanks any ways.
The labview code is the code for scope (the one that comes with DAQ examples) with an additional routine to calculate the maximum in each waveform.
-Rajeev
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,432 Views)