From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AO generation and AI measure/aquire simlutaneously

Hi all,

I am using NI USB-6259 DAQ with 4 AO channels and many AI. Is it possible to measure or acquire those signals generated through AOs after passing some resistors or loads with AI channels simultaneously? My VI for 4 AO generation is attached however I don't know how to modify it for acquisition as well if possible at all.

Any help or advice is greatly appreciated. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,050 Views)

Yes, this is possible with DAQmx. I've done it myself. What I did was to use the same clock source for both the AO and AI tasks. This does mean that both tasks will run at the same sample rate though. I have the source code on my personal laptop so I can't get to it right now but I'll try to post it later today.

There are ways to do this without using the same clock source but the tasks won't be as well synchronized.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,015 Views)

I've been in a lot of threads about this stuff but could only manage to find one of my prior examples, over here.   It's for a little different situation than yours, but includes the important parts.  Read more of the thread for some further explanation.

I'm sure there are other, better examples to point to, I just didn't find them in the quick search I could do.

-Kevin P

CAUTION! New LabVIEW adopters -- it's too late for me, but you *can* save yourself. The new subscription policy for LabVIEW puts NI's hand in your wallet for the rest of your working life. Are you sure you're *that* dedicated to LabVIEW? (Summary of my reasons in this post, part of a voluminous thread of mostly complaints starting here).
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,005 Views)