Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AI SENSE used for offset cancelling

I am planning to use a LEM CASR 6N current transducer and a NI USB6218 to measure current in 32 channels. The LEM CASR 6N has a 2,5V offset voltage I want to remove before ADC measuring. This could be done by 32x differential amplifiers, but it seams to be much easier to use the NRSE measurement mode and a 2,5V offset on the Analog Input Sense (AI SENSE).

In the Field Wiring and Noise Considerations for Analog Signals - NI it is stated: the potential at this node(AI SENSE) can vary with respect to the measurement system ground (AI GND). But I can't fin any specification of how much the AI SENSE potential can vary from AI GND. Is 2,5V OK?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(777 Views)

Based on the simplified circuit, AISENSE should have the same electrical specifications as the AI channels as it just replaces all the AIx- channels with one AISENSE

santo_13_2-1635259141385.png

santo_13_1-1635259113302.png

I believe you will be calibrating this 2.5V offset somehow as the actual offset on each current transducer will definitely vary based on accuracy specifications.

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(765 Views)

Thank you very much Santhosh

Actually the 32 LEM CASR 6-NP can run on the same external 2,5V reference, but they will be individual calibrated as well.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(728 Views)