From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AI Overload with cDAQ-9172 and NI 9234

Solved!
Go to solution
The DAQmx Read property for "Overloaded Channels Exist" is not supported by my hardware (cDAQ-9172 with NI 9234). What can I use to stop the vi if the voltage in the analog input channels is overloaded?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,368 Views)

Keep in mind exceeding the rated voltages indicated in the NI 9234 Operating Instructions and Specifications will damage the device. Stopping the program in LabVIEW will not prevent the device from receiving the signal. To ensure you are not exceeding this voltage, I recommend setting up external circuitry that prevents voltage overloading.  

Regards,

Glenn

Applications Engineer

National Instruments

Regards,
Glenn
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,346 Views)
I'm not worried about exceeding the specified voltage for the NI 9234. I have an AI accelerometer that I want to make sure the input isn't greater than +5 V or less than -5 V. How do I stop the vi if the input is beyond those input limits?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,341 Views)

As you mentioned, since the "Overload Channels Exist" property node is not supported by the 9234, I recommend setting up a comparator statement in your code from your DAQmx read and wiring the result to the stop terminal of your while loop.

Hope this helps!

Glenn

Regards,
Glenn
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,321 Views)

Would I use the "Limit Test" vi to verify the limit boundaries? If so, how do I use the "test passed" boolean to stop the entire vi if the limits are exceeded? Please provide a sample vi if possible. Thank you for your patience.

-Rob

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,315 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author jaeger10
2009-08-03_151603.jpg

Regards,
Glenn
Message 6 of 6
(3,291 Views)