Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AI-16XE-50 SCXI-1530

Hi,

I am trying to use my AI-16XE-50 DAQCard to read accelerometers from a SCXI-1530 card. Installed Traditional NI-DAQ (Legacy) 7.4.4 for drivers. When I  open labview and use the DAQ Assistant to obtain a signal for the DAQ it says "No supported devices found". I can see the AI-16XE-50 in Measurement and Automation Exporler. And when I go into the "Test Panels..." I see a signal but it does not seem to be correct because it is a flat signal that does not change as you ould expect (all of the channels).Thanks.

Ramin

Power Supply-SCXI-1001

Accelerometer Card-SCXI-1530

Accelerometers-Dytran Instruments 3055B2T

DAQCard-AI-16XE-50

OS-Windows XP

LabView 8.0

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,575 Views)

Hi Ramin,

The reason why the DAQ Assistant express VI says "No supported devices found" when you try to acquire data using your AI-16XE-50 DAQCard is that this device is not supported in DAQmx. Only DAQmx devices will work with the DAQ assistant. As for the test panels in Measurement & Automation Explorer not showing the correct voltages, there could be any number of causes for this.  First, we need to verify that you have set up your SCXI-1001 and 1530 module correctly in MAX. If your hardware is set up correctly, your AI-16XE-50 should show up under "Traditional NI-DAQ (Legacy) Devices," and the icon should be green.  Then, beneath your AI-16XE-50, you should see your SCXI-1001 chassis with a gray icon.  When you expand the SCXI-1001 chassis, you should see all of the modules that are installed in that chassis, including your SCXI-1530.  Is this the case with your setup?

Best wishes,

Wallace F.

National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,559 Views)