Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

9263 programming without LabVIEW FPGA?

Hello.

I want to generate 8 sinewaves from a NI 9263 module in a DAQ chassis.

Is it possible to do that with just the LabVIEW and not the LabVIEW FPGA?

The frequency of the sinewaves is 400 Hz but I want to be able to adjust it.

The main thing for me is to vary the phase of the sinewaves, from 0 to 360 degrees.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,778 Views)

Vakost,

Can you supply the DAQ chassis number as well? Also will you be using more than one module? The 9263 only allows for 4 simultaneous analog outputs.

Thanks,

Ryan

Ryan P.
CLA
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,755 Views)

Yes of course, my bad.

We will buy the NI cDAQ-9178 and two NI 9263 modules. There are going to be some other modules as well but we don't need accuracy in the timing there.

Also, we want to be able to synchronize the output of the modules as well because we need to control the phases of the 8 sines that are going to be outputed.

So, is this possible?

Thanks,

Vasilis.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,746 Views)

Vakost,

The 9263 supports simulatenous analog outputs but, unfortunately, the 9263 does not support synchronization or triggering with the cDAQ chassis.

http://sine.ni.com/nips/cds/view/p/lang/en/nid/202557

Thanks,

Ryan

Ryan P.
CLA
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,724 Views)

Hello.

I found this link and I am confused.

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/0C1ADEF06A54AB2D862575040066FD51

Can you please clarify? Finally, do they synchronize or not? It is vital for our application.

Thanks,

Vasilis.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,695 Views)

Ryan,

I think that what Vakost is asking can be done!

The two 9263 are in the same chassis and they must share the same clock for generating data (there is only one clock for analog output tasks). As they share the same clock, the 2 modules should be synchronized between them.

Ryan, do you have two 9263 modules to do a test and verify with an analog input mode or oscilloscpoe that the generation from the 2 modules are synchronous (with correct phase) ?

Vax

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,693 Views)

Vakost and Vax,

My apologies, I misread the documentation for the 9263. You are correct, the 9263 can be triggered by the timing engine on the cDAQ chassis. However, the 9263 cannot initiate a trigger (e.g. trigger downward to the chassis), which is where I misinterpreted the manual.  But yes, your setup using two 9263 modules with a 9178 should have no problem acheiving the functionality you described.

Regards,

Ryan

Ryan P.
CLA
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,687 Views)