From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

9208 inaccurate raw data

Hi there I have a very confusing problem,  

I am using a 9188 XT  with a 9208 for  current measurement.  The 9208 currently hass 8 channels.  2 of these channes come from the same type of device and put out accurate readings.   6 of these channels come from the 6 output channels of a different device.  This device will display the current output signal  for each channel 4-20mA.    When I look at the unscaled, un-calibrated current signal in DAQmx  the currents are vastly differnt than those deplayed by the source device.   The device itself claims that output currents are on the range of unscaled, un-calibrated 4- 13.  DAQmx  says they are all arounf 13-15 mA.  Does anyone have any ideas about what could cause these readings to be so different?  or what to do about it.

Thanks so much,

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,118 Views)

Hi Jomu2015,

That's very odd, that the inputs are accurate on some channels, but not on others. Are you sure that the device is outputting the correct currents? That would be the first thing that I would check. Let us know whether the measurements match what the 9208 reads, or what the device claims it's sending out.

Here's a good tutorial on how to measure current using a multimeter, if you're not sure: Current Measurement Tutorial.

Kathryn K.
Technical Support Engineer
National Instruments
http://ni.com/support
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,086 Views)