From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

9133 "National Instruments" screen on boot-up - no windows screen

IMG_0324.JPG

Got the above screen on boot up several times on a cDAQ running Windows embedded 7; did not get expected windows screen. After several attempts of power off than on and pressing reset button, windows screen with application icon finally appeared. What does this mean? 😧

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(1,963 Views)

Hi,

It looks like i've the same problem; i found this article to repair / re-install windows 7e

https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA03q000001DkdeCAC&l=en-US

But now i'm stuck in the re-installing part : -(

20200317_162310.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(1,901 Views)

Seems that your controller is not able to POST successfully, I am inclined to advice you to contact your local NI representatives to have it repaired.

You may try to get into the BIOS to see if the harddisk/RAM is properly detected if you'd like to investigate more.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(1,890 Views)

Do you believe both screens are indications of the same problem? My issue (top screen) is that it displays the National Instruments screen with LOGO. The bottom screen depicts a "Windows Embedded 7 Standard" screen. Is there possibly an error log somewhere that I could send to NI, or possibly some type of Scan disk tool to determine any drive issues? The system is now working correctly but I should think it will happen again? Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(1,883 Views)

I had your problem first and i tried to boot with an external medium, after a few restarts he enters the reinstalling-mode from my DVD or USB. But it gets stuck there.

I've also tried to restart a 10 times without external boot without succes

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(1,875 Views)

I am not sure about that to be honest, as a system that is unable to POST could be due to multiple reasons.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(1,861 Views)