Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6733 multiple frequency waveforms

I am working with the PCI-6733 DAQ card in the DIAQMX C environment (Not Labview).

I need the card to perform two separate (but not simultaneously on the same card) functions

I need to be able to generate 8 sine waves of independently varying frequencies (from 50 to 70 Hz).

I need to be able to generate 8 square wave of independently varying frquencies (from 1 to 10KHz).

Any examples out there?

Thanks,

A Hancock
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,666 Views)
A. Hancock,

There is a handy example that illustrates waveform output using the onboard clock located in the DAQmx example folder. Assuming you installing DAQmx to it's default location, it would be located:

C:\Program Files\National Instruments\NI-DAQ\Examples\DAQmx ANSI C\Analog Out\Generate Voltage\Cont Gen Volt Wfm-Int Clk

Simply load a regular waveform into this example.  It defaults to a sin wave, you could easily adapt it for a square wave.

Changing the frequency is relatively straightforward, simply make a call to the DAQmxSetSampClkRate function before or while the task is running.  This and all of the other functions are detailed in the DAQmx API located here:

"C:\Program Files\National Instruments\NI-DAQ\Docs\cdaqmx.chm"
or under Start > Programs > National Instruments > NI-DAQ > NI-DAQ C Reference Help.

Good luck,

--Paul
--------------
Applications Engineering
National Instruments, Inc
http://www.ni.com/support

--Paul Mandeltort
Automotive and Industrial Communications Product Marketing
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,644 Views)