Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6215 connector

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm using the USB-6215 and USB-6211 in different applications.  The plastic connectors (screw lug) provided with each box don't stay seated very well.  My application requires mounting the boxes in a vehicle which will be driven over rugged terrain for testing.  The boxes have what appears to be tapped holes on each side of each connector leading me to believe there may be an alternative.

Is there an alternative connector available that provides a more substantial mount?

Thanks,

Bob

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,137 Views)

Hi Bob,

You can use the DIN Rail Mounting Kit. It will probably be the most stable option.  Page 23 of the NI USB-621x manual provides all of the mounting options.  Hope this helps!

Regards,

h_baker
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,122 Views)

h_baker:

I think Bob was referring to keeping the I/O connectors secure to the device, not themounting method for the device.

Without seeing the unit, all I can suggest is using tie wraps (aka zip ties) around the entire unit with the connectors installed. Or duct tape, that will get you up to 100 miles per hour 😉

-AK2DM

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"It’s the questions that drive us.”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,113 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author rhenders

All:

Thanks for the replies.  AK2DM was right.  I was looking for a better way to attach the connectors.  The solution turned out to be the "accessory kit" sold on the 6211/6215 pages.  The kit contains 4 connectors just like the ones that ship with the 6211/6215 devices, except that they have the mounting ears and screws that attach the connector to the device.

The ones that ship with the devices are useless (kept falling out even while sitting still on my desk).  The don't mate well with the device and required some fiddling to get them to contact properly.  The new ones in the accessory kit are very expensive at ~$20 each (~$80 for 4 connectors, labels, a tiny screwdriver, and freight), but I found no other alternative.  In my opinion, they should be provided with the 6211/6215 devices given the price is approaching $1,000 per unit.

My new connectors should be here in a few days.  This should resolve the issue.  Thanks again for the help.

Regards,

Bob

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,105 Views)