Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6033E is not recognized by PowerEdge 6600 in a PCI-X 64-bit 100MHz slot.

The Dell PE6600 recognizes the 6033E in the only available 5V 32-bit/33MHz PCI slot, but not in the other 10 PCI-X slots.
The PCI-X slots are 100 MHz,3.3V and will accept either 3.3V PCI, PCI-X or Universal PCI cards.
The PCI connector edge of the NI PCI-6033E card is configured as a Universal PCI card but the Power requirements in the specifications only list 5V.

Why will the 6033E not work in the PCI-X slot?

Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,665 Views)
Hi,

I looked at the specs for the PowerEdge 6600 and saw that the PCI-X slots on this server are Hot-Plug PCI-X. Unfortunately, our devices will not work in these slots. This is a known issue, and it is being looked at by our R&D team. Have a Great Day!

George
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,653 Views)
Hi George,
Thank you for responding.

Is the hot-plug issue just with all of your PCI cards or just some? I have two NI PCI-6514 cards in hot-plug slots that show up in the NI Measurement & Automation Explorer. Unfortunately, I have yet to test the I/O functions of the cards.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,646 Views)
Hey,

We have not yet done testing on the Hot-Plug PCI-X slots, so we can't guarantee operation either way. If it works, then you got lucky. Let me know if it does end up working, because the more information we can gather on this issue the better. Have a Great Day!

George
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,639 Views)