Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6008 not found in MAX

So, I have been running DAQmx and a programme in MAX for USB-6008. I had the version 15.1f as recommended some months ago for Windows 10. 

I changed no settings or connections but for some reason, no NI programme was able to detect the USB6008 today. I have now tried to install the new driver (v15.5) but I still have the same problem. 

Does anyone know what is going on? Is there an update on the way or something that is blocking my use of the NI device? 

I have looked at any Win10 updates that could interfere with the NI device and uninstalled all updates to the last working date of the NI device with no luck to change the behaviour. 

I also checked that there is no firewall blockade as seen on a previous post. 

Hope someone can help. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(6,535 Views)

Are you able to see the device in Windows Device Manager?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(6,522 Views)

Yes. And Windows device manager says the device is working properly and that there are no updates to the driver. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(6,512 Views)

You can try resetting the MAX database (remember to export any important channels/settings before you do that).

Tools >> Reset Configuration Data

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(6,494 Views)

Excellent. That made us one step closer. 

Now MAX is able to find the device again. However - it is still refusing to read in simple voltages in a voltage task. 

I have set the analog input as I have had it working before (ao, continuous sampling, 1M samples to read at 500Hz with a range of -10V to 10V). I have a my input connected and it still won't read a thing, not even noise.  

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(6,476 Views)
Are you sure you want to read 1 million samples at 500Hz? That would take 2000 seconds to return data (and you'd probably get a buffer overflow way before that). Try reading 1 seconds worth of data (i.e. 500 points) and see if that works?

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(6,413 Views)

It doesn't work. 

I have tried reading 1k samples, and it made no difference. 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(6,412 Views)

Are you getting any sort of error from the test panel? Is it reading samples (i.e. can you see the points on the graph)?

Some screenshots from MAX showing the status of the device, the test panel, the configuration of your task might be helpful to see if there is anything obvious wrong.

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(6,402 Views)

Reinstalled and reset - now it is working. Cat Indifferent

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(6,341 Views)