From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

34970 range and resolution

Im using a 34970A and im wondering if the resolution can ve controlled while the range is set to Auto.

The EZ Voltage has a case structure for Range, when the Range is Auto, it doesnt allow the user to choose a resolution and it takes the default resolution(5.5). I tried including a case structure within the case structure for "Auto" range. The instrument gives me Error 103.

It basically does not recognize the values set by the user. I saw one thread which talks abot the same issue, is it possible to switch to a different resolution while the range is Auto???

Thank you,

Eureka

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,647 Views)

I took a look at this thread:

http://forums.ni.com/t5/Multifunction-DAQ/how-to-set-resolution-of-6-5-digits/m-p/902713

Well, having a case structure and running the non-auto case for "Auto" range does not solve the problem because we multiply the value of the "Range" with the desired number of digits filled with zeros. The value for "Auto" in the array is "0.00" and it throws a value that the instrument cannot recognize.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,643 Views)

Hey Eureka,

I am not sure I completly understand the issue you are having.  Can you provide a screenshot with your code and the issue you are seeing.  If you set the device to be in the Auto range mode you may not be able to set resolution values.  I would expect you would be able to find that type of information in the user manual for the device.  Please post back with any additional information or questions. 

Kevin Fort
Principal Software Engineer
NI
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,623 Views)