Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 dacs in Labview 6.1

I want to program both dacs in a PCI 6115. I want separate data in each, but the data is linked. How do I address each dac? Is there a way to use a single array so that it addresses each  dac channel ?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,778 Views)

Hi Earl

I'm not sure if I'm answering your question, but will give it a shot. My vi was written several versions of LV ago and it is currently running on LV7.1. I am using a PCI-6070E for analog output of a generated waveform. I first call AO Config.vi and input channels 0,1. I can then input a 2D array to AO Write.vi and have the waveform output on channels 0 and 1 with no other array manipulation. I would guess the same would hold for input, just using the same procedure using AI vi's. Hope this helps.

Paul

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,757 Views)
Thanks for the resent responses. I figured it out. I converted all the waveform generation components to arrays, and then added them in order with some array tools and a shift register in a while loop. The resultant buffer was then written to the daq output, and voila! there were the X and Y outputs independently  displayed on channels 0 and 1. There are still some housekeeping chores to deal with, but there is light at the end of the tunnel.     Thanks again,  Earl D.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,740 Views)

My pleasure Earl. Hope I played some small part in helping you figure it out.

Paul

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,730 Views)