From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 channel AO with PCIe-6363, SCB-68A as signal for two mirror control boards

Hello,  I got two galvo mirror control boards which need analog signal from PCIe6363. I use the SCB-68A for wire connection. There are two AO channels in SCB-68A box and each channel has two screw terminals (AO+ and GND). But for each of my mirror control board, there are SIG+, SIG- and GND. How can I connect the wire terminals?  Which mode on SCB-68A  should I choose, the Disabled Temperature Sensor (Default Mode) or Enabled Temperature Sensor (Differential) mode?
In short, I don't know how to connect SIG+,SIG-,GND terminals to the AO1(or AO0) and GND in SCB-68A box.

I got a graph showing how I connected the galvo board and the SCB-68A.

Could you please help me to see if it is correct? 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(739 Views)

The correct info for your mirror board should be discoverable.  If I had to guess (and I'm not recommending that you *should* merely guess), I'd venture that the GND for the mirror board might be meant as an earth ground connection, perhaps for safety purposes, and that SIG- would connect to AO GND on the SCB-68A.

-Kevin P

CAUTION! New LabVIEW adopters -- it's too late for me, but you *can* save yourself. The new subscription policy for LabVIEW puts NI's hand in your wallet for the rest of your working life. Are you sure you're *that* dedicated to LabVIEW? (Summary of my reasons in this post, part of a voluminous thread of mostly complaints starting here).
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(711 Views)

Thank you, Kevin!

I tried to connected the SIG- to the AO GND, and run the two channels AO Labview code as attachment. I found the mirror not behave a different wave setting and frequency as I set. Each mirror vibrated with a mixed frequency which means the frequency is not stable. Is that because the GND pin is not connected?

Thank you very much

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(706 Views)

I gave you an offhand *guess* about the wiring connections.  You're going to need to research that further to verify.

I never use DAQ Assistants and have an automatic distrust of any code that relies on them.  I would point you instead to shipping examples for AO that use regular DAQmx functions.  Probably try each axis out individually, one at a time.

-Kevin P

CAUTION! New LabVIEW adopters -- it's too late for me, but you *can* save yourself. The new subscription policy for LabVIEW puts NI's hand in your wallet for the rest of your working life. Are you sure you're *that* dedicated to LabVIEW? (Summary of my reasons in this post, part of a voluminous thread of mostly complaints starting here).
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(703 Views)