Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 channel AO with PCIe-6363, SCB-68A as signal for two mirror control boards

Hello,  I got two galvo mirror control boards which need analog signal from PCIe6363. I use the SCB-68A for wire connection. There are two AO channels in SCB-68A box and each channel has two screw terminals (AO+ and GND). But for each of my mirror control board, there are SIG+, SIG- and GND. How can I connect the wire terminals?  Which mode on SCB-68A  should I choose, the Disabled Temperature Sensor (Default Mode) or Enabled Temperature Sensor (Differential) mode?
In short, I don't know how to connect SIG+,SIG-,GND terminals to the AO1(or AO0) and GND in SCB-68A box.

I got a graph showing how I connected the galvo board and the SCB-68A.

Could you please help me to see if it is correct? 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(722 Views)

The correct info for your mirror board should be discoverable.  If I had to guess (and I'm not recommending that you *should* merely guess), I'd venture that the GND for the mirror board might be meant as an earth ground connection, perhaps for safety purposes, and that SIG- would connect to AO GND on the SCB-68A.

-Kevin P

CAUTION! New LabVIEW adopters -- it's too late for me, but you *can* save yourself. The new subscription policy for LabVIEW puts NI's hand in your wallet for the rest of your working life. Are you sure you're *that* dedicated to LabVIEW? (Summary of my reasons in this post, part of a voluminous thread of mostly complaints starting here).
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(694 Views)

Thank you, Kevin!

I tried to connected the SIG- to the AO GND, and run the two channels AO Labview code as attachment. I found the mirror not behave a different wave setting and frequency as I set. Each mirror vibrated with a mixed frequency which means the frequency is not stable. Is that because the GND pin is not connected?

Thank you very much

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(689 Views)

I gave you an offhand *guess* about the wiring connections.  You're going to need to research that further to verify.

I never use DAQ Assistants and have an automatic distrust of any code that relies on them.  I would point you instead to shipping examples for AO that use regular DAQmx functions.  Probably try each axis out individually, one at a time.

-Kevin P

CAUTION! New LabVIEW adopters -- it's too late for me, but you *can* save yourself. The new subscription policy for LabVIEW puts NI's hand in your wallet for the rest of your working life. Are you sure you're *that* dedicated to LabVIEW? (Summary of my reasons in this post, part of a voluminous thread of mostly complaints starting here).
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(686 Views)