cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 Analog Divider Sensors on single excitation

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi All,

I have qty 2 SP1-25 string potentiometers that are a 'voltage divider' that output a fraction of the input voltage corresponding to a fraction of the displacement of the wire.  The sensor has three terminals: +in, +out, and common.

My DAQ setup is a NI 9237 and 9215 on a cDAQ platform.  I am wishing to use the excitation (+ex and -ex) from the single extra excitation available on the DSUB version of the 9237 to supply voltage to both potentiometers.  The outputs from the potentiometers are intended to go to the NI 9215.

I am having wiring issues, attached you can find the current setup.  Currently, I have the same +ex and -ex terminals on the 9237 going to the +in and common on both potentiometers, and the +out on the potentiometers going to one terminal on each channel of the 9215.  When I have one +out wire on one of the positive terminals on the 9215 and one on the negative (even on separate channels), one of the string potentiometers outputs properly, but the other flat-lines and does not change when I operate the sensor.  Again, if someone could help me with a wiring diagram, that would be awesome.

Thank you!

Marco

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,067 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author khaderon

use the + out of the pots to input into the AD channel, the Excitation Common will be common on AD inputs also see attached  (sorry for the sloppy work)

Gene

Message 2 of 2
(2,023 Views)