From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Motion Control and Motor Drives

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

vision and motion of a arrow

Well no worries about the image and camera   we have more the lots of Gb in memory back up

Hence we even can go to 1.000.000   imamage´s if we want

so no streaming problems here   and no delays

The problem is      capture the image in flight and keep it focus at all time´s

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 14
(960 Views)

Hi cees10,

The issue is not whether the camera can stream the images or if there is enough memory to hold the images. The concern I was trying to point out is that the larger the image is, the more time it will take to process the image to find the arrow. You can think of an image as a large matrix of values. The larger the image, the larger the matrix and the more time it will take to run calculations with it. Since your experiment will be over in 0.1s, the time it takes to process these images is essential for a fast reaction time.

Again, I want to point out that you said that your camera acquires images at 30 frames per second. This basically means you're only going to get 3 images during the 0.1s, which means the camera only sees the arrow in three different positions. I'm guessing that you would want more images of the arrow while it is in flight. Because of this, you may want to think about using a camera that can capture more frames per second.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 14
(946 Views)

Again, I want to point out that you said that your camera acquires images at 30 frames per second. This basically means you're only going to get3 images during the 0.1s, which means the camera only sees the arrow in three different positions

. I'm guessing that you would want more images of the arrow while it is in flight.

Because of this, you may want to think about using a camera that can capture more frames per second.

Yes i know we can capture 30.000 frames a second.

and becuase of this  my worries is indeed how we track the arrow in 0.1 of  second in 3000   frame's  (as the calc is needed to calc its position as you pointed out)

thats the biggest problem here!

Thats why my question was to have ideas to solve this problem

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 14
(944 Views)

Hi cees10,

As I've mentioned previously, to avoid trying to design a control system that relies on only 3 images, you may want to consider moving your camera back such that you capture the entire path of the arrow you are trying to follow. You've indicated that this might be a suitable solution for you. 

Another idea would be instead of trying to capture everything on one camera, you might want to consider using multiple cameras along the path of the arrow. Then sync up the images afterwards in the post-processing.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(933 Views)