Motion Control and Motor Drives

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

update firmware 3.0.0f0 in myrio 1900 to 3.5.0f0 and thrusters not running when use run engine.

Solved!
Go to solution

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNGCapture3.PNG

Dear,

I run to this problem when I updated the firmware in myrio 1900 from version 3.0 to 3.5. Before update the thrusters was running fine by using the run engine, after update the thrusters not running anymore. Any helps will very appriciated! 

Thanks

Long

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(6,312 Views)

Have you refered to the KnowledgeBase article refered to in the error message? It can be found here:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/2C7480E856987FFF862573AE005AB0D9

Message 2 of 11
(6,291 Views)

Thanks for helping me out. I am a mechanical engineer so labview is very new to me. I will check out the website you send to me. I am working on an AUV (Autonomous Underwater Vehicles) Project. I continue to work on this project from last year. We use a single motherboard computer to operate labview. Thrusters were control by pololu simple High power motor controller 24v12, and these motor controllers connect to computer and communicate through Windows USB protocol. And a myrio were also connect to computer through usb port. 

After install labview and myrio toolkit the thrusters was running fine through application.exe (run engine). I was able to control the speed of each thrusters. After the system asked me to update the firmware inside the myrio from 3.0 to 3.5, only camera working, thrusters not running anymore. Then I went  inside the myrio and check I only see ASRL1:: and ASRL2 not look like in MAX under Devices and Interfaces that has ASRL4::INSTR"COM4" and the others 5 ASRLs like the image below. So I try to reset the myrio by unplug the power when the sub still on, then the fans in the motherboard stopped and after that the computer didnt turn in again. Only the myrio has power now. I will bring the sub for an IT to look at the computer, it might dead because of the motherboard was burned. However, I dont know what to do to make thrusters run again. Please help me out! Thanks Everyone!

I am attached some information about the sub.

Capture4.PNG

Capture.PNG

IMG_5061.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(6,280 Views)

I want to clear some things up. Are the screenshots you are showing pictures of what the MAX configuration and Device Manager used to be? Now the ports are not showing up in MAX, but are they showing up in device manager? Or does device manager not see the ports like MAX doesn't see them?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(6,264 Views)

Hi,

The ports are show up in MAX now like the picture. 

One of the recomend that I got is : "It looks like the Pololu simple High power motor controller needs to be controlled either by a computer (via serial or USB) or by an analog interface. It looks like you could use the analog output from the myRIO to drive the analog input of the Pololu device."

What do you think about this?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(6,243 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author TaoPVAMU.Edu

Hey Tao!

I'm glad to hear your ports are showing up in MAX now. And I think it's a good idea to use the analog output on the myRIO. As long as you know what voltages the motor controller needs in order to command the correct moves and a control loop in place, you should be good to go.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(6,220 Views)

Dear,

I'm trying to update myRIO firmware from 2.0 to 3.0(or higher),but I don't konw how to do it for I don't have the ".lvbitx" file.Could you give it to me or tell me where to download it?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(3,795 Views)

Hi NorthernIO,

Please review Upgrading Firmware on my NI Linux Real-Time Device. If you need further assistance, since this thread is a couple years old, please create a new forum post so that it can have increased visibility within the NI Community. Smiley Happy

Mike B.
Technical Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(3,773 Views)

Dear Mike,

Thanks for your attention!

I have update it successfully now.Then...could you tell me how to build a new topic?I can't find the entrance even though I have registered for a long time....Smiley Very HappyHeart

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(3,769 Views)

Hi Northern,

You can start a new topic by clicking the 'Start A Topic' button at the top of the motion forum

start_topic.JPG

Cheers,

BDog

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(3,739 Views)