Motion Control and Motor Drives

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

still got problem on flexmotion 6C pulse output

Thanks Amaury, I have configured and initialise but when try to run the 1 axis simple move vi ,I still could not get anything on the oscilloscope when I tap the terminal Step and Dir on my umi flex 6 as suggested by Ysusf, neither anything on the analog output. please advise.
Amaury on 3/18/2003 answered:
"Ysusf's suggestion should work for you. The error which you are getting indicates that you are trying to change the stepper loop mode on an axis which is set up as a servo. To fix this change the axis configuration to stepper and then hit apply and initialize board.

"flexmotion6C pulse output"

"I am trying to get variable length digital pulses out
of the flexmotion6 board using the UMI-Flex6 terminal
block. Y
usuf C, suggested I configure the axis to run on open loop stepper mode and tap the Step(CW) and Dir(CCW) lines during a simple move. This should
give a pulse train. And I can change the frequency by changing the velocity of the move. When trying to configure axis 5 as a stepper
and running the 1-D interactive program under the
MAX program to test the axis, I get the error message "Error 70017 NIMC_StepperOnlyError Occurred in set stepper loop mode (flex_set_stepper_loop_mode) on Axis 05 This command is valid only on a stepper axis"
I have also considered using the flex_load_DAC
command to load a value into the DAC directly.
Is it possible to use this cammand with DAC 1
through 6, provided they are not associated with
an axis (ie. the axis is disabled or the DAC channel is not selected for a particular axis.
Thanks for your help"
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,649 Views)
If you are
- configuring channel 5/6 to run on open loop stepper
- running the example on the configured axis
- not getting any errors
- tapping the right terminals
- and not getting any readings
you might just be wasting your time because of a bad controller. Try the whole scenario on a different motion controller that you know it works.

goodluck!
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,649 Views)