From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Motion Control and Motor Drives

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

software limit and find reference

With a PI-7342 are the software limit enabled during find_flex_reference  moves?  This can cause problems because, during this move the origin is not setted and the zero is fixed at the axis position at powerup or reset.

Thanks for your answer

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(5,370 Views)

Hello,

Could you please give us more informations about what you want to do, what software you are using in order that we can help you?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(5,356 Views)

Hello Mathieu,

I use a NI-7342 motion controller board and Labwindows CVI 2009 but my question is not linked with any programmation language. It concerns the behaviour of the firmware of the board.  The board allows to use software limits and limit switches.

If software limits are defined and loaded during the board initialization, the origin of the axis is defined at the current position at powerup. So I wish to know if software limits are active during the  find_flex_reference move. This can be a problem, because the software limit can stop the find movment as the zero is not allready at the right position.

Thank you for you interest to my question

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(5,349 Views)

Hello jfcoupat,

You could find the information that you need in NI-Motion Function Help : Start->Programs->National Instrument->NI MOTION->Documentation->NI-Motion C Reference Help

You should be able to enable or disable limits in your program.

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(5,343 Views)

Thank you Mathieu

So I need to disable software limits  before refernce move and enable them again just after?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(5,340 Views)