cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem whit initializing and updating the PCI-7354

Solved!
Go to solution

hi

I have a pci 7354 motion controller, connected to tribometer nanovea, when i wanted to initialize it and update it, i have had errors i can't solve them.

the problem occurred after an unplanned shut down of the computer.

here is some pictures to help you understand my problem.

please help me to solve this problem.

thanks. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,469 Views)

Hi Amine,

Thanks for moving this post to this forum.

Based on this error, and the circumstances that caused it (the fact that it was working, and stopped after an unplanned shutdown of the computer), it is fairly likely that there is a hardware issue, and the device needs to be submitted for repair. See this page for more information about warranty and repair policies, and how to submit a device for repair.

The only other thought I have would be to try a different version of the NI-Motion driver and firmware. What version of the driver are you currently using?

Regards,

Regards,

Michael Whitten
Senior RF Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,385 Views)

Reply copied to this post:

http://forums.ni.com/t5/Instrument-Control-GPIB-Serial/problem-whit-initializing-and-updating-the-PC...

Hello Amine,

Just to echo what Michael said, this question might be better fit for the motion discussion forums as there are more people that have motion insight there and we could get to a quicker resolution. 

Have you tried this card in a different PCI slot on your computer? Have you tried this board on another computer with the same software? This error probably means there is some hardware issue but it doesn't mean that it is the board that is the problem. Switching computers might give us some insight into what hardware component is having the trouble. 

John H.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
John H.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,383 Views)

hi Michael,

thank you for your reply.

i use the version NI System 16.0.1

Regards,

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,377 Views)

hi john,

yes, i tried this card in a different PCI slot on my computer, and i tried this board on another computer with the same software.

best regards

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,376 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author amine.mecano

Hi Amine,

If the other computer and PCI slot also did not work, your best option at this point will likely be to submit the hardware for repair.

Regards,

Regards,

Michael Whitten
Senior RF Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,366 Views)

thank you for your help

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,354 Views)