From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Motion Control and Motor Drives

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem on control the bushless motors by motion asistant

I have used the MAX to control the motors sucessfully, but I cant use the motion asistant to control the motors. Any special setting or config. that I need to do?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,916 Views)
As long as your motion controller board appears in Motion Assistant, you should be able to control your motor using this software. Can you please be more specific about the problem you are having? For example, are you seeing any errors? Is your motor behaving oddly or simply not moving at all? Also, what version of Motion Assistant do you have?

You might also find the following tutorial helpful: NI Motion Assistant >> Take the Motion Assistant Walk-Thru

Thank you!

Best regards,
Dawna P.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,916 Views)
I am using Motion Assistant 1.0 to control two brushless servo motors by connecting the motors to PCI7344 and UMI-7764.

I was sucessfully to use the MAX to control the two motors to run in positive or negative counts. But when I used the motion assistant to control the motors, its failed to run in negative counts. And then the axises were killed after its reached the max. following errors. Moreover, the motors become overheated when its cant move.

Then I have auto-tune the two axis again and again, and found sometime one of the motors can move backward but the other still cant move.

Thank you very much!

Regards,
Ivan Chiu
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,916 Views)
Hi, Ivan,

Thank you for the additional information.

There is no reason your motors should behave so differently in Motion Assistant. My guess is that the same or at least similar problems exist in MAX. However, if you are doing very simple moves in MAX but a more complicated algorithm in Motion Assistant, the motors may not be running long enough in MAX for the problem to appear. To verify this, try doing a velocity move in MAX and monitor the following error as well as your motors to see if they overheat.

Best regards,
Dawna
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,916 Views)