Motion Control and Motor Drives

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pci 7344 fuzzy control

Currently I am using PCI 7344 to control 3 axes servo motor which lately I realize cannot used user defined controller. By any means can I still make use of fuzzy control algo on this flexmotion to do the tuning. I am stuck since have to complete my master thesis.

TQ.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(4,489 Views)
Hello,

In order to make use of a fuzzy control algorithm, you could use our SoftMotion software with the Control Design Toolkit. You can use this combination of software, along with one of our DAQ boards (M-series, E-series, cRio, etc), to generate and control your signals. This will involve the design and implementation of your own control algorithm.

The NI Motion drivers with the 7344 motion controller are not capable of that type of control. The Motion driver with the PCI 7344 has its own algorithm in place. The parameters of that algorithm can be modified, but the algorithm itself is fixed.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions on this issue.

Regards,
Scott R.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
Scott Romine
Course Development Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(4,481 Views)
Dear Mr Scott,

Can you suggest if I just do simulation on comparisons between PID and Fuzzy using Labview on ac servo motor then.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(4,330 Views)
Is there any virtual card for DAQ like NI has for motion card PCI 7344
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(4,330 Views)
Any suggestion of further research on PID where I can use motion dard PCI 7344?
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(4,326 Views)
Hello,

Yes, it is possible to set up virtual DAQ devices if you are using the NI-DAQ 7.4 device driver. The installer for this software can be downloaded at:

NI-DAQ Version 7.4 for Windows 2000/NT/XP
http://digital.ni.com/softlib.nsf/websearch/90B60D5899BCCCDB86256FC700581B89?opendocument&node=132060_US

After you install this software, you should be able to create virtual DAQ boards. Check the documentation that installs with this driver for information on how to create virtual boards.

For additional information on what the PID parameters are and how the motion of the board is controlled using those values, take a look at the following document:

Understanding Servo Tune
http://zone.ni.com/devzone/conceptd.nsf/webmain/4b7775373e4ae64986256b6000691505?OpenDocument

If you have any additional questions, please let me know.

Regards,
Scott R.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
Scott Romine
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(4,302 Views)
Dear Mr Scott,

I need your idea on my motion control system. Like I told you, currently I am using PCI 7344 card to control three axis ac servo motors. Since I am studying the comparison between PID and Fuzzy logic algorithm performance, I could not implement it on the PCI 7344.

When I look through the NI catalog on Industrial Measurement and Control solutions, PACs is maybe a solution to my needs.

What do you think?

Does it involve with lots of re-wiring and new programming?

Please give me details advice

SADIAH
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(4,212 Views)
Sadiah,

If you have already developed code using the SoftMotion software that I described previously, then the transition to a PAC may or may not require modification of your code. This is dependent upon what type of PAC you move to. If you developed your code on a PC with an M-series DAQ board and you move the code to a PXI chassis with an M-series DAQ device, then the code will not need to be modified. However, if you move the code to a cRIO or FieldPoint platform, then the code will require modification. There are several shipping examples that come with SoftMotion that demonstrate how to use each of these platforms. I would suggest starting with those examples and building your code from there.

For additional information on PACs and the benefits of their use, take a look at the following documentation:

PACs for Industrial Control, the Future of Control
http://zone.ni.com/devzone/conceptd.nsf/webmain/63b424952e7eb98b86256f9b00766805

A Comparison of PACs to PLCs
http://zone.ni.com/devzone/conceptd.nsf/webmain/bb14727c48c013ef86256f81007fb095

Please let me know if you have any additional questions on this issue.

Regards,
Scott R.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
Scott Romine
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(4,190 Views)