Motion Control and Motor Drives

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

implementation of Matlab neuro-fuzzy controller with Flexmotion-6C?

I cant seem to find much information regarding the implementation of Matlab files into Labview code. I have written code in Matlab m-files for a neuro-fuzzy controller (thesis) and am wondering ... is it possible to use the code I have with Labview? Is this a good idea? I am thinking that running the main motion program for the non-NF axes onboard the Flexmotion-6C will free up the main computer to deal with the Matlab computations... I havent looked at the PID control box for solutions yet, but will soon (just read about it).. thx
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,141 Views)
Yes, LabVIEW supports the use of MATLAB m-files using a MATLAB script node. For more information I would encourage you to post this question on the LabVIEW discussion forum, as there are a significant number of threads on that forum about interfacing with MATLAB. I have also attached a MATLAB/LabVIEW example from the NI website that may help.

As for the motion side, an onboard program would run independently of your MATLAB program running on the host computer, which may be beneficial to you if your MATLAB computations will require most of the PC resources.

For more information on onboard programming, please refer to the following tutorial:
Developer Zone Tut
orial: On-board Programming in FlexMotion

Best wishes!

Dawna P.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,141 Views)