Motion Control and Motor Drives

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to move the stepper motor to a specific location

My Specifications:
7344 controller, Labview software, Flexmotion, MID 7604 power drive, linear stage stepper motor.

What I want to do:
Using Motion Assistant(or any alternate method) develop a Labview program that will move my linear stage motor to a specified (x,y) coordinate. I do not have home switch hardware. So, how to set the (0,0)position initially to be used as a reference for my other (x,y) values?
Also, using MAX I have set the Target position 0 at a location. Will it remain so forever until I reset it?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,971 Views)
Hi Raj,

There are a few examples regarding moving to a specific position with labview on this site, it's fairly straghforward (load a target, move and wait til complete). Have a search.

Your real question is setting of the zero point. You can reset the position to zero, either with MAX or a single labview function, and it will be remembered while the controller is powered.

So without a home switch you need some user interation to physically move the motors to 0,0 and press an ok button when this is done - you can then reset the position and it will be remembered.

This is not ideal though - would it be too difficult to add two simple switches? This would guarantee repeatability, and is simple to set up in labview. All the required signals are available from
the 7344 controller, it's a case of taking a pair of wires to each switch (one switch for x, one for y).

Hope this helps,
Mike Evans
Mike Evans
TRW Conekt
N.I. Alliance Member, UK
http://www.Conekt.net
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,971 Views)
Thanks a lot Mike. It really helped.
I am setting my reference position to 0,0 using MAX. Since this is a one time thing, I think I will live with it.

Thanks.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,971 Views)