Motion Control and Motor Drives

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to combine EPOS&xsense programe in labviewe

Hi all.

Im currently doing a project on controling a sensor through EPOS motor and operating EPOS by labview.

1. Both of my EPOS and sensor is connected via USB cable to my comp and im not using CAN interface for my project.

2. The sensor in my project acts as a "limit"/stop point, as my motor controls a metal frame structure which is able to move with in the limit range. If the metal frame moves out of the range,an error will be detected.then the PID control will be invovled to form a feedback loop to auto control the EPOS in order to recorrect the motor positions.

3.now, i already hv both xsense vi and EPOS position vi in labview.However,the first step i have to do is to combine 2 vi together in order to use the EPOS motor to control my sensor.

4,i hv atteched the 2 vi below.

im the new learner of lavview.Hence i hope someone can help me and give my some ideas abt it.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,302 Views)
for the EPOS position vi is atteched below
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,296 Views)

Hi Wennie,

Normally for limit switches, they are connected directly to the motor so that once they are activated, the motor is disabled (via hardware).

From your MT SDK.vi though, your sensor looks like it's definitely more than a limit/stop switch. Here's some general guideline I would suggest you follow to achieve what I think you want.

First and foremost, you will need to learn some basics of LabVIEW programming in order to combine the 2 example programs you have found. Go through the tutorial material here: LabVIEW Training: Learn LabVIEW in Three or Six Hours

In the MT SDK.vi, you have to decide which measurement(s) range correspond to an "overlimit"/"error" condition and use the Comparison functions to get a decision whether the motor should be allowed to move or not.

The EPOS Positon Example VI is a user interface event based program so you probably will not want to use this same architecture if you want to programmatically(intelligently) control the movement of your motor based on your sensor data. The portion of the code you need is in the bottom loop, the "Move Position" case. Based on the result from your sensor, you will send different values to the "target position" input derived from your PID control logic. Strip down the example code to the simplest that you need, then you can move the code into your MT SDK.vi example to form your own VI for your project.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Boon Chen

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,240 Views)