Motion Control and Motor Drives

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how do i stop a motor from staring at full speed

I have a dc motor that I'm playing around with. I have a 6733 and am using the AO vi's. What i wanted to know was if anyone had a way of getting motors to....well, ramp. Everything now is on or off. I tried using shift registers (I know it can be done), but I'm to stupid to get it to work. If anyone knows how to get, let's say one, to add .5 untill it gets to 5, then stay at five. It also has to be able to output the .5 increments to my AO update Vi. Also, is there a set of Vi's for motor control (PCI-6733) that I'm missing...Like ramp up/down/stop?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,669 Views)
Hello Vinny,

Since you are using a DC motor, all that you have to do to change the speed of the motor is use an analog output line from your DAQ card and increase its voltage value from zero (stop) to five volts. There are two ways to do this. You can use a sawtooth waveform (see Functions >> All Functions >> Waveform >> Analog Waveform >>Waveform Generation). You can specify the amplitude and frequency of the waveform, as well as the number of points to generate. Try looking at the Function Waveform Generation example VI that shipped with LabVIEW to see how that waveform function works.

Another way to do this might be to use a for loop where you increase the value with each iteration of the loop. You can place a Wait Until Next ms Multiple VI inside of the lo
op to specify how many milliseconds each loop iteration will take.

Let me know if you have any further questions on this issue.

Scott Romine
National Instruments
Scott Romine
Course Development Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,669 Views)