Motion Control and Motor Drives

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

generate steps in open loop mode with Motion Control 7334

Hi all,

as I am just starting with Motion Control 7334 I only want to give out the steps signal in an open loop mode without controlling it. In the example of the "Simple One Axis Move" I can load a target position but I can't find a function (icon) to load the number of steps.
First I thought, target position and number of steps could be the same, if there isn't a feedback. It works, if it is not connected to anything (I use the Universal Motion Interface (UMI-7764)), means, I get no error message. But connecting it with this device it doesn't work.
Do I need a feedback? In the configuration I found, that I can set the primary feedback to "none". Is that the way? (It doesn't work neither.)

Thanks ...
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,785 Views)
Steffi,

The loaded position should correspond to the number of steps output.

In order not to require feedback you can set the card for "open loop". If you have no feedback the card can have no way of knowing wether the motor executed the command and therfore will never error out.

I recomend checking the connections between the UMI and your amplifier and between your amplifier and your motor.

regards,
Amaury
NI Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,785 Views)