Motion Control and Motor Drives

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

galil dmc1840 with windows 7

Hello,

I am trying to run the old PCI  galil DMC-1840 card with Windows 7, but have a really hard time with it.

The old GalilTools driver is not working. If I install GalilSuite and driver which goes with it, everything works fine. BUt GalilTolls and other old stuff still cannot see the PCI card.

I suspect that the problem is to open a driver and if I manage to pass OpenDevice, the dmc32.dll should work (maybe). Does anybody have anysugestion how can I do this? I even tried to write my own driver function using CreateFile, but it does not return anything (I got driver string as \\\\.\\Device\xxxx using the WinObj). 

Thank you very much

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(6,198 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(6,180 Views)

Thank you for the suggestions but I have  called Galil already. Their answers was basically this: this card is too old for Windows 7 since it uses some kind of obsolete chip. Besides, they only support the  original purchasers.

We got this card as a donation from the big industrial lab, I think. It runs fine with Linux driver for the 2.6 kernel. That one also required minor tweaks ,just a couple syntaxis corrections.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(6,169 Views)

This is hardware that is not supported by National Instruments.  You might have better luck, as was already suggested, by contacting Galil again.  Good luck.

Regards,

Shane C

Applications Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(6,149 Views)