From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Motion Control and Motor Drives

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can I use the breakpoints like this?

I try to use the modulo breakpoints and the relative breakpoints together to create a row by row scan .
Can I design like that
昨天是今天的昨天
明天是今天的明天
今天是昨天的明天
是明天的昨天
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,030 Views)
Hello,

Yes, modulus breakpoints can be used to generate pulses at even intervals through your moves. To do this, you would load your initial breakpoint position to determine what position value will be used for the first breakpoint and then set the breakpoint modulus to determine the position interval for subsequent breakpoints to be set. If your motion will be occurring in a grid, you can reset your breakpoint position for each line and then reload the modulus for the reverse direction.

Try this and let me know if you have any additional questions on this issue.

Regards,
Scott R.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
Scott Romine
Course Development Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,019 Views)
Hi,

As a heads up, the NI-735x motion controllers have a feature called Periodic Breakpoints. These have the same behavior as the modulus breakpoints except you don't have to keep re-enabling the breakpoint in software. You set a start position, the modulus or period between breakpoints, and start your move. Once you hit the start position the hardware takes care of all the rest. With Modulus Breakpoints you can fire breakpoints at about 100 - 150 Hz. With Periodic Breakpoints you can fire breakpoints at 4 MHZ.

Rodger S.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,018 Views)
thank you very much
It's really helpful
my motion board is NI7344,so I can't use periodically breakpoints
昨天是今天的昨天
明天是今天的明天
今天是昨天的明天
是明天的昨天
0 Kudos