Motion Control and Motor Drives

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why write express vi does not work while line do?

Hi,

I'm using NI9514 to control a motor drive. When I was building the VI I found that the straight line move works while the write(with either velocity or position) won't do anything. I've read about the detailed help about it and still have no idea, and there's no such example in my LabVIEW example library as it suggested. Does anyone have idea? Thanks for any help!

Best Regards

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,383 Views)

Make sure that your drive is enabled (software- & hardware-), that no limit switches are set or activated. Some axis furthermore may require setting the type of resolver/encoder & the resolution per revolution. Also consult the help to see how setpoint values are scaled interpeted (some motors require a number between -1000 and +1000 during torque control mode instead of physical quantity like Nm. The same might apply for velocity or position)

Message 2 of 5
(2,362 Views)

Thank you for the advice! I will try these settings. Also is there any difference using line and write? Do they both use generated trajectory to control the motor?

Best Regards

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,357 Views)

Hi Lysandros,

I just read about some instruction herehttps://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z0000019MKASA2&l=en-US. In my situation I'm using NI9514 to give output to Kollmorgen drive, which then controls the motor. So it's probably only for users who's using EtherCAT drive, though I'm not 100% sure.

Best Wishes

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,347 Views)

Hello,

maybe you are right. I assign the Setpoint VI's only over EtherCAT, so perhaps the NI-9514 does not support this command logic.

Best regards

Lysandros

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,332 Views)