From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Motion Control and Motor Drives

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why would the 7344 not complete home command on one axis only after upgrading software and firmware?

I have a 7344 controlling 3 stepper axes. I recently completed an upgrade of the host computer and in doing so upgraded from flexmotion 5.1.1 to NIMotion 6.1.0. I also upgraded the firmware in the controller to the latest versions. On the old system I had no problems but I am now having a problem with one axis. After completing a buffered move with all three axes and subsequently homing the two non-problematic axes I attempt to home the third axis and the actuator does nothing at first and then spins at full speed. What would cause this? Upon stopping the move and executing a homing comand or velocity command the axis works fine.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,829 Views)
Drewer,

Was this program working before with the older version of the driver? Is there anything else that has changed on the system besides the driver?

Bates
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,829 Views)
I have had numerious problems with my 7344 since upgrading to the new Motion 6.0, and then Motion 6.1 firmware. For example, I have an encoder wired into an axis to read back the velocity (with no motor in the axis). This worked fine in the old version, but now is off by a factor of 2500. The problem exists in different machines with different 7344 cards, with different motors and encoders, so seems to be related to the new firmware.
By the way, Motion 6.0, and to some extent Motion 6.1, do not build correctly into applications in LabVIEW 7.0.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,829 Views)
Bates,
The program was working with the older version of the driver. I have made several other upgrades mostly revolving around upgrading to windows XP. The thing that I can't figure out is why do two of the axes I am controlling with the same setup run the program just fine while one axis does not. Certainly any changes I made to one I made to all being that things were done on a system level.
Thanks for your help,

Drewer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,829 Views)