Motion Control and Motor Drives

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using CoE to Read/write SDO's on Copley/Elmo/Maxon drives

Solved!
Go to solution

I've been working with several motor drives so far, and was able to find solutions to use them.

Now i have a project where i'm using both a Copley Xenus drive and an Elmo Gold drive controlled over EtherCat.

Because the SDI plugin for the copley dirve was not available at that time, i programmed the drive using SDO commands, what worked well, and was only for rotation purposes.

For the Elmo Gold drive, which is for position control, i wanted to use the Softmotion part.

But when combining those two in my project, it gave me an "unexpected Error" while deploying, which results in formatting the Crio-9045 and installing the software back.

Now i was thinking to use also the SDO commands for the Elmo Gold Drive, but encountering problems when trying to write to the "Control Word register" (h0x6040).

I can write to it, without any error, but the drive does not responds to it.

I made a small seperate project, where i'm trying to enable the drive via control word (h0x6040), and reading the status word (h0x6041).

But the status does not change.

Does the crio has to be in configuration-  or active mode when trying to write the control word ??

Do i still need to run the SDI plug in ?

I'm able to write other parameters like velocity profiles, acceleration/deceleration parameters... so communication works.

Thx for replying,

Tom

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,375 Views)

Hey Tom,

I think you can find some useful information on this link in the "Additional information" part:

https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z0000019MW6SAM

Hope that helps.

Kind Regards, 

Ruta

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,345 Views)

Hi Ruta,

Been there, done that. 🙂

But don't have issues with error -70229.

Tom

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,339 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Rockyenco

After a lot of hours spending, i finally found a way to solve this error.

It looked like i had an "unvisible" corrupt parameter in my project.

I started a new project, detected all hardware and added all files.

Error = gone.....

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,319 Views)

Hi 

I also encountered this error. How did you solve it?

Can you share your solution?

Looking forward to your reply

ATim

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(570 Views)