Motion Control and Motor Drives

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UMI-7774 / PCI 7340 Disable Indicator Error

I'm using the UMI-7774 and PCI 7340.  All components are connected properly stated internally with MAX, but all AXIS are disabled apon power up.  I can't clear the disable AXIS 1-4. The Inhibit All and Interlock are not illuminated.   I have trited to Initilalize the controller with "Clear Power Up Status.flx" and "Initialize Controller.flx". Yet every try and repower I cannot un disable all 4 AXIS. 

Does anyone can help this issue, I have hit a wall??

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(5,186 Views)
Hey ConTeck,

Thanks for contacting NI.  I've looked into your problem and just wanted to confirm that you are calling the PU Reset.flx the same way that I am.  I rebooted my card so that it is in Power Up Reset state and then ran the attached screenshot and received no errors and the move went ok.

Are you able to initialize the board in MAX even?  If you are unable to clear the PU Reset status at all, then there may be something else going on, but if you can clear it in MAX and then your program works fine, then this screenshot that I'm attaching to this post should work out for you.  Let me know how it goes.

Take Care,

Evan D.
Installer R&D
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(5,171 Views)

Evan,

Thanks for the response, I have created a similar initialization.  I also have used the initialization in the MAX.  I did some digging in the MAX and found my user error.  Under Motion I/O settings I had "Inhibit Input Settings" disabled.  After enabling I no longer had the "disable" Indicator issue. 

Thanks for your help!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(5,146 Views)
Glad I could be of assistance.

Take Care,
Evan D.
Installer R&D
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(5,132 Views)

We are running some old stuff donated to us at the university.

Have the same exact issue and are trying the fix suggested here (depicted in "PU Reset VI Screenshot.JPG ‏36 KB".

The "Clear Power Up Status" needs the "Board ID" as input. Where can this be found?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,679 Views)

We do also have the same Motion I/O Setting as described above:

" I did some digging in the MAX and found my user error.  Under Motion I/O settings I had "Inhibit Input Settings" disabled.  After enabling I no longer had the "disable" Indicator issue. "

However we cannot switch from "Disable" to "Enable" the lowest selections in the popup are greyed thus not allowing any change... 

Any idea how to make this selectable again?

Thanks! 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,677 Views)

hello,

i have resolved this issue many-many years ago, but now i have also been facing this or similar again. 😕 🙂

For UMI disable-->enable (only disable LEDs red), i am not exactly sure, but something physsical connection Limitswith or enable or else needed on feedback or control.

At this moment i have similar but more tricky issue: interlock LED is red. (inhibit all is not REd)

I have checked the host 5V by disassembling UMI and measure pin50 on PCB.

Maybe the current is not proper due to HW ageing, but i do not supposed this.

I am in-crazy 🙂 do not beleive it is not norking again.

Very over-complicated this i think.

regards, 

Endre

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,079 Views)