Motion Control and Motor Drives

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to blend straight-line moves with an ethernet connection and Softmotion Lite

Hello All,

As it says, I am trying to blend multiple straight-line moves together on Softmotion lite, I'm also very new to labview. I have tried using the ExpressVI for blended moves to no success, as I get the error code -70037 or irrelevant attribute error when I tried to modify it for an ethernet stepper. I tried making my own, which is attached (I apologize in advance for the clutter, I haven't taken the time yet to clean up the front panel). While I have no errors while it is running, my motors do not do anything, and when I stop the VI I get the error -77005. For this I have attached a screenshot.

I was hoping to know:

1) Is it possible to blend moves at all with softmotion lite / ethernet control?

2) Is my code correct at all?

If it helps, I am running LabVIEW 2016 with Softmotion 2016, and my stepper driver is a SMD-7614. My stepper motors are running an 8-wire series connection.

I appreciate any help anyone can provide.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,201 Views)

Hello

The differences between LabVIEW SoftMotion Module lite and the full version can be checked on the next link.

A notable difference is that you can't use coordinated motion, probably if you are trying to do several movements at the same time, could be the reason for your issue.

http://www.ni.com/product-documentation/9414/en/

Regards

Andres

Message 2 of 4
(2,167 Views)

Hello Andgoro11,

Thank you for your response! Actually, someone else looked at my program, and I made an error when calling the resource for the axis. After fixing that error, my code does work, albeit it is a little clunky. I think with some refined improvement, it will work just fine!

Thanks again though!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,159 Views)

I'm glad to hear that!

Best wishes on your project.

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,157 Views)