Motion Control and Motor Drives

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sweep frequency for motor control

Hello

I will want to control an engine with my current card (USB 6259).

I want to create pulses, the first with a low frequency then the last highest (these two frequencies that I will have chosen) with pulses intermediary who sweeps the beach of frequency.

My current problem is between two pulses - change of frequency - I have a moment where there is blockage of my engine and a certain position fixed position, speed null! And for gone up of speed this delay I trouble me enormously.

I am sorry for my English

Thanks,
Guillaume M.
Meilleures Salutations - Best Regards - Mit freundlichen Grüssen
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,285 Views)
Guillaume,

this is a very typical type of question in this forum and I have answered it multiple times before.
Please look here, here and here.

Kind regards,

Jochen Klier
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,284 Views)
The NI-Motion is the only solution ?
For my basical application i don't buy a if sofisticate card. I want just no discoutinuity during the move.

Meilleures Salutations - Best Regards - Mit freundlichen Grüssen
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,281 Views)
That's exactly one of the problems. With a counter output you could create a sweep, but if you do this, you loose control about the position. Other solutions involve the use of buffered digital output (correlated DIO) or continuous analog output. Still these solutions are quite limited compared to the capabilities of a true motion control device.

It always depends on the circumstances of your working environment and your project schedule. If time matters I strongly recommend switching over to a motion control device. If you have all the time in the world, you could stick with the DAQ board, but you shouldn't expect to rreach an optimal and scalable solution with this approach.

Jochen
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,279 Views)