Motion Control and Motor Drives

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stepper motor using NI DAQ 6212

Can I control stepper motor with TB6600 motor driver and USB 6212 NI DAQ? How to make the connection for this to operate? 

Can you provide a simple LabVIEW code to control the steps moved and direction of the motor?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,145 Views)

As far as I can see you are going to use a general purpose stepper driver which requires step pulse and direction signal inputs. 

Of course you can generate these signals with any interface device which has at least two output lines. 

The prob is that moving a stepper motor is not that simple. Unless you want it to run very slowly, you cannot start with the full step pulse rate (i.e. full speed) from the start, you need some routine to increase the pulse rate by and by. You can do all this manually (unless there are LabView routines providing start and slow-down pulse generation). 

Usually using a dedicated stepper motor interface device is a more comfortable solution. These devices usually have routines for accelerating and stopping a stepper motor as well as driving them with fixed step rates. I am not sure whether NI offers USB driven stepper motor interfaces, we have been using the FlexMotion boards for many years but they are cancelled, also it is more and more difficult to get PCs with PCI slots. 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,066 Views)