Motion Control and Motor Drives

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stepper motor driver (SMD-7613) loses configuration when power is removed

I inherited several systems that use SMD-7613 which blink red when power is removed & reapplied.  I fix the situation by reloading the .st file from the NI Stepper Configuration Utility.  This seems like an awkward way to function. 

1. Is there something wrong with the way my systems are configured that is causing this, or is it just a fact of life with this hardware?
  2. How can I load the .st file with my LabVIEW program and eliminate operator intervention?

Thank you,

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,405 Views)

Jim:

I'd crack one open and see if there is a battery to retain memory when the power is off- just a hunch.

-AK2DM

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"It’s the questions that drive us.”
Message 2 of 4
(2,397 Views)

I thought to look in the manual and didn't find any reference to a battery.  At your suggestion, I took the cover off and found that there's no battery.

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,379 Views)

Jim:

Sorry for the wild goose chase, though it was worth a shot to look for.

-AK2DM

"It’s the questions that drive us.”
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,369 Views)