From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Motion Control and Motor Drives

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Softmotion error –77055

I am attempting to run a cRIO-9035 in hybrid mode.  I am using a NI 9516 Drive interface card to drive a servo motor, using SoftMotion.  The NI 9516 is in Scan Interface Mode.  I am running my analog input card in FPGA mode.  When I attempt to restart the system, I get Scan Engine Error -77055.  I found a Knowledge Base article https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z0000019MEvSAM.  I followed the instructions in the Knowlede Base article and I received a specified expert not installed.  I did install the SoftMotion Module on the cRIO.  How is the mcSysAPI installed on the cRIO, so I can reset the SoftMotion engine?

Can not find expert.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,458 Views)

Looking at the top of your VI, it looks like you're running the VI in the context of 'My Computer'. Try running it under the RIO target so it resets the SM Engine on the RIO (or wire in its IP address as an input to the Initialize Session VI, which by default is localhost)

Cheers,

BDog

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,446 Views)

I have tried running with both the local host and the cRIO device.  Either way it still shows that the "Expert is not installed"

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,427 Views)

I use SoftMotion for a slightly different application, but here it seems, that Labview tries to send a setpoint parameter to the motor, which cannot act, because either the power voltage is not connected or the axis has not been hardware or software enabled yet.

WIth some drives, you can connect via a ethernet service port and use the corresponding software to see whether the drive is Software / Hardware enabled. In any case be carefull as the motor can start moving at high speed when activated.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,372 Views)