Motion Control and Motor Drives

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Softmotion error 3120

I am interfacing an NI-9501 direct-drive stepper module (within a cRIO-9073) chassis. I hacked the example project found in the getting started guide to try and match my system (attached). I got through the FPGA compile okay, and when I go to the interactive test panel for my 9501 axis, it returns the softmotion error 3120 (undervoltage), and the led status light on the 9501 goes to red. I got out the Fluke and verified that all supply voltages are set at 24VDC, IAW with the operating instructions. I'm stumped - I suspect there is something wrong with the FPGA VI that's monitoring the module, but am not savvy enough on FPGA coding to know where to begin. Any thoughts?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(5,565 Views)

Hi there,

The most common cause of this fault is the voltage supply connected to the 9501 itself. Can you confirm that a compatible power supply is connected to pins 7 (COM) and 8 (Vsup) of the 9501?

Cheers,

Andy C.

Applications Engineer

National Instruments 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(5,520 Views)

yes - the Fluke reads 24V supplied to the 9501, IAW with the OI manual

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(5,518 Views)

ok - I just checked again.....and the neutral was connected to Pin9, not the COM on Pin 7......looks like it pays to read the wiring diagram!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(5,515 Views)