Motion Control and Motor Drives

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Softmotion Homing Ethercat Kollmorgen questions

I have a few questions about homing, using AKD-P00306 drive, AKM21C motor using ethercat to a cRIO-9035. I am using Labview 2017 and Softmotion.

1. How do I do a immediate homing, set the current position to zero (HOME.MODE = 0)?

2. Is there a parameter that tells me homing is okay?

3. If yes does this parameter get set the false if the homing is no longer valid?

4. What are the conditions that would invalidate the homing?

I need to this in Labview with the Softmotion VIs. These things appear to be available in Kollmorgen Workbench but not in Labview Softmotion.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,119 Views)

Hello GuyLeblond,

We have a few examples that might fit your needs. You can navigate to them by opening LabVIEW, Going to Help>>Find Examples... In the example finder which opens up, go to Toolkits and Modules>>Softmotion>>Express VIs>>Reference Moves. There you will find some examples which go over homing. 

ZK
Technical Support Engineer | NI | Not actually retired but I don't know how to change that
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,080 Views)

There is a Find Reference: Absolute homing mode in SoftMotion with the EtherCAT AKD that will use the current position as the home position. The other option is to simply use the SoftMotion Axis: Reset Position method to reset the position in SoftMotion to 0 (or any other value). 

Unlike some motion controllers, SoftMotion does not have a "homed" parameter that is set when a Find Reference move is completed and reset on power down. This would be feasible with EtherCAT drives, but not with step/direction drives for other Axis types. Instead, you could create your own data container such as a functional global variable to store the homed status of the axis. 

Message 3 of 5
(3,078 Views)

Hi 

This is Praveen, I do have require to set home position of AKD Drive panel using Home switch.

How can I do it in LabVIEW Softmotion, please give some suggestion.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,333 Views)

Please keep in mind, that homing can be performed through the Kollmorgen Workbench software as well. Although the Softmotion options are very broad and intuitive, one can use Workbench to closely configure and monitor the different homing options before test run. There is the option to transition between the modes "Service mode" and "Field Bus" which can be very useful.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,321 Views)