Motion Control and Motor Drives

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Softmotion AKD ethercat read faults problem

I cannot read the fault code(s) from the AKD drive via softmotion ethercat. I'm using AKD-P00306 drive, AKM21C motor using ethercat to a cRIO-9035 on Labview 2017.

I generate fault F439 by stalling out the drive, I see the error code in workbench and on the AKD front panel but when I use the softmotion Read Faults method it returns no fault codes and the "fetched" output is 0. The fault would be stored in parameter DRV.FAULT1.

Has anybody got this working?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,295 Views)

Could you post a screenshot of the VI which contains your read fault method? Better yet, attach that VI? I think this will be the easiest way to figure out what is going on.

CH
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
http://www.ni.com/en-us/support.html
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,263 Views)

I've attached a screenshot of my VI. I'm using Data, Status and Faults method with the asynchronous timing method. All the output signals appear to work well except for the fault code out and fetched. The "is valid" is true. I initialize the "fault code out" array at the beginning of execution.

I have also tried the Invoke node method and it had the same result.

I attached the Read Faults help screen, it provides a good explanation.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,256 Views)

The problem is due to using SoftMotion's Asynchronous API in this way. You need to only store the fetched fault codes when the "is valid" flag is True. I would recommend simply using the Synchronous API for these Read methods here (right-click on them and select Timing Model > Synchronous).

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,249 Views)