cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SoftMotion Axis NI 9502 Analog feedback loop

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi all,

In my project, I need to implement SoftMotion Axis to control my motor through NI 9502. I have a position sensor to as position feedback to my axis. However opening general setting of the axis, I can select only Encoder 0, no other options are available. Looking through the documentation Axis for NI 9502 should support both encoder and analogue.

What I need to do so I can select my analogue sensor instead of the encoder?

Thank you,

Matyas

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,055 Views)

Hello

If you can't find some input of the device, it means that you have not installed appropriate driver or there is some problem with driver. For the correct set up, refer to the manual  that I linked and check the software installation and configuration part of that manual

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(2,960 Views)

Thank you, I checked the manual but it looks like I have everything set up correctly.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(2,939 Views)

So it could be an uncompatibility between some software and os. Do you checked the compatibility between the each driver you use and OS?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(2,934 Views)

Sadly, I was not the one who was putting together the installation but is there an easy way to figure out the compatibility? We are using LabVIEW 2017 SP1 x32 on Windows 10. The installation also includes NICRIO1800f1, NI-Industrial Communications for EtherCAT 18.0, NIVISA1800full, 2017FPGA-Eng, 2017RealTime-Eng, 2017sp1LV-WinEng_VIPMfix and LabVIEWSoftMotionModule2017f1

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(2,924 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Matzase

If you are using FPGA and real-time targets, you need to install the 32-bit versions of it and also install the 32-bit version of labview. All that 3 softwares should be 17-th versions.

Also, you can see that the NI-Industrial Communication for EtherCAT 18.0 requires the NI CompactRIO Device Drivers May 2018.

I am attaching a screenshot for you.

Did you have installed that driver? If not, install it from NI Package Manager

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(2,919 Views)

I can confirm that we are using 32-bit versions of all 3 software.

Checking MAX we are using NI CompactRIO Device Drivers May 2018.

While deploying SW containing Axis I received error: 

Error_cRIO.PNG

I suppose this might be connected to this issue as well.

When deploying SW that does not contain Axis, I was able to deploy it successfully.

Regards,

Matyas

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(2,915 Views)

Hey, Matzase

Have you installed SoftMotion Module driver?

If so, what version of it do you have installed (must be the same as your LabVIEW and drivers version)

With Best Regards,

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(2,712 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Matzase

Hi Hamlet, 

I already fixed the issue. We had EtherCAT and cRIO drivers for 2018. Reinstalling them to version 2017 fixed the issue.

Thank you,

Matyas

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(2,693 Views)