Motion Control and Motor Drives

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sinusoidal Velocity with Softmotion

Hello,

I would like to know how to generate a sine (amplitude, frequency, offset : variable) with softmotion + EtherCAT. Before I have a system with AKD Kollomorgen and I can generate a sine (Signal sinusoidale Point by Point). Now we have a cRIO with ADK Kollomorgen and I don't know if I can generate a sine with a component "Contour Move" ? Have you got an example for my application ?

Thanks for your answer     

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,740 Views)

One option is to wire your axis ressource to an "Invoke Node" and select "Write Velocity Setpoint" on it. If you place the Invoke Node inside a Timed Loop, you can extract the loop count, run it through a Sine Block and this way you get a sine velocity setpoint. In every loop iteration a new velocity setpoint value will be written to the AKD over EtherCAT.

Make sure however, that your system does not start unexpectedly and also that it can be stopped in case that Labview fails. AKM motors possess surprisingly high power.

P.S. The input and output of the sine block must be scaled in order to achieve the correct frequency and amplitude.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,588 Views)

Hi,

Have you got a screen shot or a VI to illustrate your explanation ?  Yes I already used "Invoke Node" and select "Write Velocity Setpoint" and I can't go up to 5 Hz for the sinusoidal. I think with 1 ms for the scan engine cRIO I can no problem generate a sine about 5 Hz. Thanks for your answer

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,581 Views)

I know this might come a bit late, but here is an apporach to the task:

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,504 Views)

Hi Lysandros,

Thanks for your answer, in your screen shot you'll probably determine before the type of move (circle, line etc...) as you say "The input and output of the sine block must be scaled in order to achieve the correct frequency and amplitude".

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,213 Views)