cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scan engine in fault mode

Solved!
Go to solution

Dear all,

I am using a CRIO-9075 with a NI9205 and Ni9263 to control the motion of a hydraulic actuator. The actuation and position/force signals are analog. I am using the softmotion library to create an axis and take profit of the trajectory generator and the control loop to run in the FPGA.

I am running the CRIO in FPGA mode and following the softmotion example for unbound axis I synchronize RT and FPGA, for which I read the Scan Engine periodically at 100Hz.

The problem is that the Scan engine gets in a couple of seconds in fault mode. The only way to return to active mode is to electrically reset the CRIO.

I attach an image of a minimal example in which a read the scan engine mode and read two controls from FPGA front panel. The Scan engine returns 3 (fault mode) but the variables read from the front panel are correct.

Having the scan engine in fault mode does not allow me to synchronize RT and FPGA as the softmotion example does.

Why is my scan engine getting into fault mode with error -66341?

Thanks in advanced

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(6,697 Views)

The error code is -66431. Sorry.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(6,677 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author corayara

It is a bug described in the following link with a workaround that works

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/E2F4F2E4F3A91F6E86257BB9006589D1

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(6,631 Views)

Looks like this is still a problem. Unfortunately for me, the workaround to which corayara linked doesn't fix the problem for me. Any other ideas?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,580 Views)