I'd like to use a NI-9516 module to read both encoders ("Encoder 0" and "Encoder 1") simultaneously.
- In SCAN mode, there is the "Read encoder" Axis method, but this method only read one encoder position, and not both, am I right (see "NI-9516_SCAN_ReadEncoder_Method.jpg")?
Is there a method in "SCAN mode" to read simultaneously both encoders connected to NI-9516 modules ?
Otherwise, I can use NI-9516 module in FPGA mode:
- I don't want to use NI-9516 in FPGA mode, but I saw "Read" FPGA method which seems to allow simultaneous reading of both encoders, Is it right (see "NI-9516_FPGA_Read_Method.jpg")?
Solved! Go to Solution.
The methode to use both encoders is :
1. ) Use property node to set the Index
2. ) Read that encoder with method
3. ) Use property node to reset index
4. ) Read second encoder with method
Samuel G. | System Architect / Business Developer
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Certified TestStand Developer