Motion Control and Motor Drives

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Read inhibit all on UMI 7774 in Labview

Solved!
Go to solution

I am using a UMI 7774 with a PXI 7340 controller. How can I check the inhibit all through Labview? I have tried reading the enable output for the axis that I am using, but it does not change when I trigger the inhibit all, even though the disabled LED turns on and the motor stops.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(5,708 Views)

Hey Ian,

Without the hardware it's difficult for me to test these suggestions, but here are couple thoughts I had on how to do this. First, try the Motor Off boolean on the Read Per Axis Status. I would also try Read Execution Status axis acitve attribute. Let me know if those work for you.

John B.
Embedded Networks R&D
National Instruments
Certified LabVIEW Developer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(5,693 Views)

Hi John,

The Motor Off boolean on the Read Per Axis Status did not change when the motor was disabled by the inhibit all (it did change when I disabled the motor in other ways). Read Execution Status returned error -71622. I have attached a screenshot.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(5,682 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ian G

Hey Ian,

I found an article that says there is no way to read the lines in software, without wiring the signal to one of the motion card's digital input or output lines. That article has some links which should help you accomplish that connection. Hope that helps!

John B.
Embedded Networks R&D
National Instruments
Certified LabVIEW Developer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(5,655 Views)