From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Motion Control and Motor Drives

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RTSI-Bus Test NI 7334

Solved!
Go to solution

I use one encoder phase of a 7334 via RTSI as external clock for NI PCIe 6341. The 6341 was damaged by overvoltage. I changed it. All motion functions off th 7334 seems to work. Only i have problems with the external clock on 6341. Is there any way to test the RTSI bus ?? May only the RTSI part of the 7334 be damaged?

Thanks Anita

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,816 Views)

Dear imfe,

there is no way to test the RTSI bus directly.

You can check if the selftests in MAX show any error.

What kind of problem do you have with the RTSI Bus?

Maybe you should contact National Instruments for a repair ticket.

Sincerely

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Work with NI Hard- and Software for about 15 years now.

Certified LabVIEW Developer & TestStand Developer/Architect

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,780 Views)

Dear Dennis,

We route a negated Encoderphase from the 7334 via RTSI to 6341. This signal is used as external clock for Analog in sampling.

1) Selftest is ok - but it was also ok for a 6341 with an exploded IC

2) We have done different crosstests with another Hardware system: Result: PC, PCI 7334, PCI 6341 are okay. The complete second System ( Motion and data aquisition) works fine. That means the RTSI bus is ok.

on the "non working" system motion works fine but the sample clock does not work. When we connect the negated encoder phase A directly via wire to the PFI 13 of the SCB terminal we can measure if the rotation is cw. If the direction of rotation  is ccw we need negated Phase B.

The encoder and its electronics are new. All wires seems to be okay.

We can not check the UMI in an simple way. We only know that all signals reach the UMI.

A bit history: The system was damaged by an overvoltage. Different ic's in the low voltage area (<24V) was killed.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,758 Views)

So to understand you right...you exchanged every single part at put it into the second system part by part itself and everything worked fine?

Work with NI Hard- and Software for about 15 years now.

Certified LabVIEW Developer & TestStand Developer/Architect

There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,670 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author imfe

The problem is solved!

I changed the UMI 7664 and everything works fine - a lot of work.  I'd never tought, that it could cause this problem because all motion functions (4 axes) was ok. I hope NI also has repair tickets for UMI.

Kind Regards

Anita

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,642 Views)